Share it Please
Today's Prompt: If you found one million dollars in the morning and had to spend it by nightfall, what would you do with the money?
I have written posts in the past about what I'd do with a million bucks, or things I'd do if I were rich. This presents an interesting challenge in that the money must be used by nightfall. But, here are some things I'd definitely do:
- Pay off all of our debt, including tax debt, our car, and all of our outstanding medical bills.
- Buy a new car.
- Hire someone to come give my house a super-good deep cleaning.
- Pay my rent in advance for 6 months.
- Buy a 3DS for my older son, and new Leapster games for my younger.
- Go shopping and get ALL the Christmas shopping done 2 months early!
- Buy a package to take my kids to Disneyland and California Adventure.
- Buy plane tickets to go to my sister's recital in May, the Tarrant County Birth Network Birth Roundup next spring, and for us to fly to Spokane and rent a car instead of driving 7 hours to Colville for Thanksgiving at my other sister's farm.
- Make a $50,000 donation to the Bellingham Food Bank.
- Pay off my sister's college loans.
- Make a $10,000 payment on my cousin Emmy's student loans.
- Make a $25,000 each on my Mom's house, my best friend's house, and my stepmom's house.
- Get some new clothes and shoes!
- Get some marketing materials for my Natural Childbirth Classes, including brochures, business cards, and pens, and pay for renting the space for my next 5 series in advance.
- Make a $5000 donation to the WISE Birth Doula Collective so they could provide doula services for low income mamas.
- Make a $5000 donation to my friend Sarah's midwife fund.
What would YOU do with a million bucks and 24 hours?!