1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Got certified as a Birth Boot Camp Instructor, got separated, experienced single motherhood, lost almost 40 pounds (and gained 10 back... more on that later too), read 58 books, became a working mother, took Sam to his first boy scout meeting, started an amazing website, saw a sex book become a bestseller, started writing reviews for a movie website.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last year, I resolved to:
- Be under 200 pounds by my 32nd birthday
- Exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Reconnect with my friends through email, visits, and letters
- Schedule special time for Sam
- Learn how to use my camera for real
- Read 50 books
- Write at least 50 pages of my novel
- Improve my marriage
- Use a budget
- Be a better pen pal
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My new friend Sarah had her baby a couple of weeks ago. We're not super close, but I think she's pretty cool!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More discipline about running my websites. Peace.
7. What dates from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
June 12 - found out my sister is pregnant, June 19 - explained to Sam that Daddy was moving out, October 1 - became a working Mom, December 14 - Newtown School Shooting.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Last year, I said my biggest achievement was getting through it. I feel a little like that. But the achievement I am most proud of is becoming a Birth Boot Camp Instructor.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't feel like I can answer this really. There are many. I'd like to leave them behind.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Birth Boot Camp education, and my laptop.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My Mom. She is absolutely amazing and I don't know what I would have done without her this year.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent, living expenses.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My trip to Dallas for my Birth Boot Camp Instructor workshop (sensing a theme??), my sister's marriage & pregnancy (YAY!).
16. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Who Says by Selena Gomez.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
Happier, but it is not hard to achieve that. THINNER. Poorer probably.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Made time for each of us to spend time with Sam without Danny, worked on my novel, learned more about my camera, taken more photos, posted more on my websites.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Fought, eaten, been angry, procrastinated.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
At home with my kids, Mom, her husband, Justin, my sister and her husband.
21. Did you fall in love with 2011?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Really, just one? I can't choose. Supernatural, The Walking Dead, Flashpoint.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Gangnam Style. HAAAAAAAAAA.
26. What did you want and get?
A new laptop, love from my kids, a Birth Boot Camp teaching certificate.
27. What did you want and not get?
28. What was your favorite film of 2011?
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
On my actual birthday I was in Colville at my sister and her husband's farm for Thanksgiving and I just hung out, took care of sick Sam and had a relaxing time. The first weekend in December I celebrated my birthday with a weekend in Seattle that included seeing Life of Pi & Skyfall and dinner at The Melting Pot with my friends.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2011?
If it fits, wear it. Wish it fit better. Add bling, and lots of scarves.
32. What kept you sane?
Booze. Just kidding. My Mom. My friends. Hope. Faith.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hm... the election I suppose.
34. Who did you miss?
My friends in Seattle, especially Brooke. My sisters and my stepmom.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Tiffany Burke, Donna Damon Ryan, Sarah, my new co-workers, and all the women in my Birth Boot Camp training.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
I am strong.
37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"You got every right to a beautiful life, come on
Who says, who says you're not perfect
Who says you're not worth it
Who says you're the only one that's hurting
Trust me that's the price of beauty
Who says you're not pretty
Who says you're not beautiful, who says?"
-Selena Gomez "Who Says"