13 Things Strep Throat Taught Me This Week
1. It is possible to go from being freezing and shivering under 2 blankets with slippers and a fleece shirt to sweating as if you'd just run a marathon in under 20 minutes. Without moving.
2. Every day you can wake up and think you feel better, to be reminded only 10 minutes after being upright that you still feel crappy.
3. It is hard for 2 kids to deal with a Mom who is sick and a Dad who might possibly be coming down with something.
4. My husband is awesome.
5. Even when the 101-102 fever you've had for several days goes away, you can still continue to have hot flashes.
6. If you are deciding whether to call the doctor because you might be dying and your throat has white spots, you can Google pictures of strep throat and find this guy. You will laugh even though you feel like crap.
7. If it didn't hurt so much and make you want to collapse into the fetal position, strep throat would be a great weight loss plan.
8. Sometimes, you don't care how many hours of video games get played as long as it's occupying someone and you don't have to move.
9. It is possible to throw up even if you have not eaten in 2 days.
10. If you've already taken your temperature, maybe you should not decide to experiment by taking your temperature in your armpit because when it reads 102.5 you will feel even more miserable.
11. It is possible for the screeching of a baby and a preschooler to be even more painful than normal when your entire head is full of sick.
12. Not being able to physically walk to the bottom of your (1/4 mile long, hilly) driveway with the baby to get your 4 year old to his bus will make you feel lame.
13. It is possible to become exhausted just from writing a list post. I need a nap.
Hope your week was about 2 million times healthier than mine.
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!