Sam, you are getting so big. I've been working on a letter to you, but there are so many small moments I want to be able to remember. So, here's my 13-item snapshot of you at 3 years and 10 months old.
1. I drive you to the bottom of the driveway to catch your school bus. The best days, we roll down the car windows, turn up the music loud and dance together in the driveway while we wait. Today you spun around until you fell down.
2. You call all mail, or anything in an envelope, e-mail.
3. I randomly bought you an Elmo doll the other day, and you love it.
4. You love to do puzzles, and you can do 30 piece puzzles by yourself suddenly.
5. Your favorite shows are Phineas and Ferb, Team UmiZoomi, and The Backyardigans.
6. Your size 3 pants are getting too small, and you're tall now - people are already asking if you're 4.
7. We have a bedtime routine, and you finally sleep in your own bed. When we go up, we read 2 stories then talk about your day. We go over what we did and then talk about the happiest and saddest parts of your day.
8. Every morning when you wake up, you come to my bedroom to declare "it's morning!" Most days I can convince you to climb into my bed and cuddle for a few minutes.
9. The other day during bedtime, Justin asked you if you were farting because you looked like you were kinda scrunched up/straining. You said "No I'm making bubbles in my butt" and Justin said "that's farting" and you said "No, making bubbles."
10. You say 'paloon' instead of 'balloon' and often pronounce 'basket' as 'bastek.'
11. Last weekend you started learning how to use the mouse touchpad on the laptop, much to our amazement. You're probably going to surpass my computer skills before you're 8 if you're anything like your Daddy.
12. Your favorite foods are hummus, mac & cheese, slices of cheddar cheese, chips and guacamole, rice and beans and of course anything chocolate.
13. Last night we were doing puzzles online, and you said "Good job Mommy. You're a genius!"
I'm sure there are 100 more things I want to remember about you. Every day, so many moments that remind me how much I love you. But, these are the 13 I remember today.
Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!