Temple over at Cookies Mean God Loves You tagged me! She passed along this excellent Honest Weblog award! What a sweet lady. First, I'll tell you 10 Honest, Random things about me. Then you can check out Temple and her ten things!
1. Some people pick their cuticles until they bleed, or bite their nails. I pick at my chapped lips. It's a bad habit.
2. Sometimes I don't think we discipline Sam enough, but I don't care that much.
3. I don't believe in the death penalty, I used to, but then one was all over the news and I felt weird about it.
4. I don't eat vegetables in general except for when my best friend forces them on me in her cooking, and I don't mind it.
5. My husband and I talked about getting married within 2 months of when we started dating, but we didn't tell anyone because we were 19 and knew they would think we were crazy. We've now been together for 9 years, married for 5.
6. I don't think the world is as dangerous as people think. I'm not paranoid about germs, I don't disinfect my house or my kids toys every night, and I think that people are generally good.
7. I love some of the people I've met online as much as I love my "real life" friends.
8. I didn't become a Christian until I was 26 years old, and my faith has gotten me through some really hard times in the past year and a half!
9. When I was in middle school, I was totally in love with Jonathan Brandis. I used to have BOP magazine pictures of him all over my bedroom walls and Seaquest DSV was one of my favorite shows.
10. I love the song "Hold On" by Wilson Phillips. Shut up.
Who's next for random honesty? I get to choose 7 blogs to pass the Honesty Torch to that I 'm reading and think you should be reading too, and list them for you to check out....
- Shannon @ Welcome to the Nuthouse: She is one of the bloggers I discovered through SITS. I love reading about her crazy life as a Mom, and I think the picture in her header really says it all!
- Scary Mommy: Another new SITS discovery (are you seeing a theme here!?). She is funny and I love her latest post about being starstruck - made me think about those times that make me feel like a middle schooler again!
- MamaDuckky @ Princesses and Pickles: Another SITSta! Not only is she funny, but she is crafty!
- Megan @ Newly Wed, Newly Bred: SITSta number four. She is gorgeous, funny, and has a totally adorable little guy.
- Jaci @ Ravings of a Mad Housewife: I love Jaci! I loved her the minute I clicked to her blog and saw her profile picture. Another SITS discovery!
- Heather @ Mindless Junque: Okay, I discovered her blog through my Google Reader 'recommendations', then discovered SITS, then realized that she is one of the people who runs it! Which makes her doubly cool.
- Amy @ Samuel's Mom, Mark's Wife: Amy is one of my "real life" friends - she runs the Mom's group that I'm in and does a terrific job, she watches Sam a couple of days a week, and she's also a really good friend. I am blessed to have her in my life!