*This post contains spoilers for So You Think You Can Dance, Hell's Kitchen, In Plain Sight & Battlestar Galactica. Review of Fringe DOES NOT have spoilers.*
Fringe: I had an opportunity to see part of the first episode this week. I gotta tell you, I FREAKING LOVE IT already. I will start praying now that it won't be cancelled... it is X-Files-ish. But by JJ Abrams! I love him so. Here's the description from TV.com: "FBI agents Olivia Dunham and Peter Bishop are faced with a rapidly spreading unexplained phenomenon of the threatening kind. In an attempt to stop the spread, they enlist the assistance of Bishop's estranged father, the institutionalized scientist Dr. Walter Bishop." Watch it. Love it. Premieres September 9 on FOX.
So You Think You Can Dance: I love this show so much. This week was the first week of the top 20 dancing. Here are my thoughts on the 10 couples:
- Rayven & Jamie dancing Hip-Hop: It was so/so. I like Rayven because she's the oldest in the group and also she reminds me of the woman who plays Angela on Bones.
- Susie & Marquis dancing the Smooth Waltz: SO pretty! It was just so beautiful to watch, her dress was perfect (I want one!). I couldn't believe her legs when she did her extensions.
- Kourtni & Matt dancing Jazz: Eh. Didn't really like it. Thought their costumes were awful.
- Chelsea T & Thayne dancing Cha-Cha: She rocked! Also, can I just say that that purple outfit she was wearing may have been one of the most fabulous things I've ever seen?
- Chelsea H & Mark dancing Contemporary: Sometimes I just don't get contemporary, and other times I really like it. The routine that Mia Michaels choreographed for Lacey & Kameron last year made me CRY! So, I liked this, it was cute and I thought she was really believable, and I loved that bird thing that he did.
- Kherington & Twitch dancing Broadway: Twitchington! How could you not like that? I already liked her weird name, and she is cute and reminds me of Alison Mackey (Chloe on Smallville) They have great personalities for a Broadway routine. I always like the Broadway routines anyhow, and I agree with Nigel about how wonderful the spirit in her face is. Also that comment that Cat made about feeling 'almost normal sized' was hilarious.
- Comfort & Chris dancing Jive: Holy Legs Comfort!!! She looked awesome. They did a good job.
- Katee & Joshua dancing Hip Hop: I really liked this routine, although she kind of has chipmunk cheeks. I liked the story behind the choreography, it really drew me in to the performance.
- Jessica & Will dancing Tango: It was all right. The lift at the end was crazy.
- Courtney G & Gev dancing Disco: I agreed with Nigel that the bounce/Disco feel just wasn't uite there.
- I LOVE Wade Robson's choreography. I wish I could see more every week!
- What the hell is with Cat Deely's wardrobe? That was one more ugly ass dress.
- What the hell is with The Pussycat Dolls? Are they for real? Also, did anyone else watch that show "Pop Star" on the WB where Nicole Scherzinger was part of that created band called Eden's Crush? 'Cause that's what I think of when I see her.
- I guessed Kourtni & Matt would go, but it was Rayven & Jamie. That flip Jamie did when he was dancing for his life was IMPRESSIVE. And I was sad that Rayven went because I liked her personality and wanted to see more of her. No change in the matchups since a whole couple got voted off this week.
- I just discovered BSYTYCD. Lordy. I'm gonna go explore it some more.
Hell's Kitchen: Of course we can't resist Hell's Kitchen! The thing I find most amusing about the whole thing is that the Hell's Kitchen Chef Ramsey is totally just a character. When he goes on the winner outings with people he's nice, and every season there are moments of kindness. It cracks me up. So, we're down to four now after losing Bobby last week. I wasn't sad to see him go. At this point, I'm hoping that it comes down to Christina as winner. She's the most likable and I feel like she pays attention and learns.
In Plain Sight: This is a new summer show on USA with Mary McCormack from The West Wing. She plays a U.S. Marshal who deals with people in the Witness Protection Program. She's snarky and has a quirky family, it's been pretty entertaining so far.
Dirty Jobs: My husband started watching this show last year and at first I wasn't that into it, but I really like it! I think that Mike Rowe is hilarious, I love it how he always seems so reluctant and like it's a crazy thing to do, but he's still doing it. I definitely recommend it.
Battlestar Galactica: What the FRAK?? What does it MEAN? Why does EARTH have to be so difficult?! Is the whole planet wrecked? What happened there? Aaargh.... It was so good, it was amazing, when they found Earth, but I had this sinking feeling the whole time because I knew the show wasn't over so something else had to happen. And Holy Frak, I can't believe that Tigh just TOLD Adama he was a Cylon. Rip my heart out... Then, holy balls, he GAVE THEM UP. Adama falling apart? Almost too much for me to handle. And, what the hell are you trying to pull, Sci-Fi Network? What do you MEAN mid-season finale? After that horrible year long wait last time, now I have to wait until 2009 to see what happens? It makes me want to cry with frustration. Who is the final Cylon? She said they weren't with the fleet. Was she lying? Is it Baltar or Roslyn? Is it someone else who already "died" and we're going to run into them later somehow?
And now for some other random thoughts so my head doesn't explode... Thank goodness Chief's hair is growing back. Way to be the first one to jump right on that invite Tori... Dude, Katee Sackhoff is looking hot. Gaius Baltar makes me barf in my mouth a little. STOP SNIVELING! I read somewhere that she's going to be on Nip-Tuck for a while... weird. I guess I'll just have to keep watching it then!