February 28, 2008

It's Official: We are moved!

As of about five minutes ago, we are officially DONE moving! Kira just stopped by and dropped off the last bit of our stuff, which she was nice enough to pick up from the Bothell house on her way back to Bellingham from Tacoma this morning. Yay! She also helped me carry a bunch of stuff and empty boxes that were in the house that needed to be out in the garage. We're almost unpacked, there are 5 boxes around the house and mostly they're Justin's stuff, so maybe he'll be ble to get to it on the weekend. We have been really busy this past week but next week things will calm down some and we'll get to spend some evenings just relaxing around the house. My next gigantic project will be to go out to the garage, which is crammed full of stuff/furniture/boxes, and rearrange and organize things out there so we can access anything we might need to access. But, I'm not even going to think about that right now, maybe in a few weeks. For now I'm just feeling good being at our new place.

It's funny, when we decided to move back I just thought of it as another move, but I didn't realize how much it would feel like coming home. It's so different moving somewhere that you're already familiar with - not having to learn the streets and where the grocery stores and gas stations are, not getting lost on your way to work the first time etc. I am just so comfortable here, and I am already seeing friends that I haven't been able to spend much time with in the past few years. I'm really looking forward to spending more time with Maggie, Lucy, Esme & Ty and Leela and her boyfriend Jeff.

I also joined a mom's playdate/meetup group through meetup.com. It seems like many of the ladies have kids between 1 and 3 years old, so I'm looking forward to making some new friends for me and Sam who are moms in the Bellingham area.

Unfortunately, Sam is sick right now. I'm actually enjoying my first moment of peace for the day. He was up off and on last night, and then woke up for the day around 7:00, a little earlier maybe. He went down for a nap a bit after 12 and woke up at 1:00. AGH! So, I got him back to sleep and he's in the living room napping on the couch as I write this on my laptop in the bedroom. He's not too sick, just a cold, but his nose is stuffed up, and I think that's bothering him. He's also sneezing out massive quantities of snot, which makes me remember why I kept some of his burp cloths around from when he was a baby.

Well, I better go and try to get some work done before he wakes up. Thanks so much to Brooke & Dave, Scott & Jamie, Paul, Ian and Edie and Kira for helping us with the move. We couldn't have done it without them. We have a big weekend coming up - Seamus 4th Birthday party on Saturday (!!) and a bunch of church stuff on Sunday. I'll update again soon and post some pictures of the new house.

No comments: