March 1, 2007

Happy Spring... oh... wait...

Holy cow! Has it really been 2 weeks since I updated? Sorry about that, things have been a little bit busy around here and I let it fall behind again. Isn't it funny that I actually ended up updating more when Justin was out of town?

So, I would expect that on the first day of March, it might be sunny, and it is. Clear blue skies and lots of sun today. I would not, however, expect that what the sun is doing is working on melting the 5+ inches of SNOW accumulated in my yard from yesterday and last night! I couldn't believe it yesterday morning when Mom woke me up (why she was here on a Wednesday morning is a whole other story...) and told me it was snowing. It continued for a few hours, let up, then started up again and really started piling up in the evening. Crazy. Maybe later today I'll take Sam out in his snowsuit to experience his first snow... we'll see.

Things have been pretty good around here. Well, other than the sickness! So, Justin got back from the Philippines on February 16 - the original date he was supposed to come back! It was really a great surprise for me that he didn't have to stay longer - I was missing him, and having Sam get sick while he was gone was a real challenge. Unfortunately he still had a lot of work to do when he got back - the good news was that the investors liked the demo of their new software, but they also wanted it on a tight deadline, so he's been working really hard to get it done. Despite the pressures of his work, I have managed to get out of the house a few times and am now fully recovered from my cabin-fever of being alone for 2 weeks.

The week after Justin got back I suddenly realized that if Sam goes to bed at 9 or 9:30 I can actually leave the house AFTER he falls asleep. I went and got coffee and read, then went to a movie one night. It was relaxing, and worth the me-time despite the fact that I didn't get home until after midnight and felt a little sleepy the next day. Who am I kidding, I am tired half the time anyhow, but it's not enough to stop me from my regular activities! On the 22nd I had my monthly Girls Night Out. It ended up just being me, Tara, and Courtney this time, so we just went to a restaurant in Redmond and had dinner and some drinks. It was a really good time, and we were all glad to get out of the house!

Last weekend Mom came down on Friday and on Saturday Justin and I went to Gryphon's fifth birthday party down near Tacoma. It was fun to see the family, and we got to see some really adorable 10 day old kittens that Stormy's Mom had with her. One of the cats in her current litter was a totally white little Pixie Bob! It's very rare because it's a recessive gene and both parents have to have it. We have been thinking about getting another kitten, and if she has another white one in the next litter and no one else wants it, she said we could get it. So, we may have another little cat soon! We'll see.

Sunday we had people over to watch the Oscars, and Brie and Kyle madeit up from Olympia with Ginny and Roman! They are real cuties. Roman is still skinny, but Ginny is starting to get little round cheeks and a little baby chin. Sam was somewhat fascinated by them. I can't wait until they are all old enough to play together and interact more! It was really great to see them since we don't get to that often. I think I'll try to head down there for a visit sometime in the near future.

~Okay, I wrote the above on the 1st, but I had to go get ready for people to come over, and I'm just getting back to it now!~

Unfortunately, right after people left on Sunday, Mom said her stomach didn't feel good. And it progressed into the same thing Justin had last weekend, only maybe not quite as bad. Mom did not feel good at all, and ended up bedridden for Tuesday and Wednesday. I was glad that at least she got sick before she drove home so she could lounge around on our couch and have people to bring her pretzels, Coke, and Gatorade!

This week has gone by fast! On Tuesday night I went out in the evening and Justin stayed home with Sam. I went and finished my book for book club, and then went and saw "Breach", which was very good. Yesterday Brooke, Dave, Lorelai, Seamus, Courtney and Elaina came over, and we all played and had a good time. Elaina is finally coming out of her shell and was fully involved in playing, payed lots of attention to Sam, and had a good time with Justin. It was really great!

I'm getting ready to dowload all of the recent pictures from the camera and upload more pictures to Flickr, so check there for new pictures!

Tomorrow Seamus is turning THREE! I can't believe how big he is. And only another month until Lorelai turns five. Crazy. We will be hanging out at the Whalen-Robinson's tomorrow for Seamus's birthday party, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Sam is doing great. I added a mirror on the wall in his play area, and we got the DVD cases baby-proofed using plexiglass, and added a cord cover to cover up the cords between the TV and computer in the basement. His play area is pretty cool - I took some pictures so I'l put those up on Flickr too. He is crawling like crazy and starting to be a little more confident about standing up. He walks a little side to side while holding the furniture, but doesn't seem that interested in standing or taking steps on his own. I think we've probably got another month or two to go before he takes his first real steps.

That is about all for now! I will get back again soon and write more!

No comments: